Inspired in everyday life, and in the paths we’ve come along.
The concepts in each collection speak of what’s ours –of home as land and shelter. The items in each collection are made out of donated hand-me-downs, old or discarded clothes combined with raw biodegradable cotton, locally produced.
Two types of zero-waste patterns are articulated into the pattern design: one of them standardizes like garments while the other makes the most of the roll of cloth and permits to elaborate unique pieces based on textiles disposed of.
The technique developed drawson up-cycling and reconstruction methods. It has simple seams and handcrafted details. We work at a humane and unhurried time, and with a small stock.
Each piece is genderless and its size adapts to different body builds.
These design moves help generate comfortable timeless durable items, with a low-impact on the environment. These are garments for everyday wear that stay on for a long time.
The GARCIABELLO concept originated in Tierra del Fuego province, in the south of Argentina, by Juliana Garcia Bello (a graduate in Clothing Designer from FADU; Universidad de Buenos Aires) . The brand was later founded in La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina in 2017, in the dining room of her grandmother Dora Duba house . Later on, in October 2019, the company’s head office moved to Arnhem, Netherland.
- GARCIABELLO, Villa Elvira, La Plata, Argentina.
- WINNER: “Autores de ModaBA” BAFWEEK, Buenos Aires Fashion Week, Argentina.
- Workshop: Investir, Casa Margen sur, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina.
- Speaker: MICA Patagonia, Bariloche, Argentina.
- Exhibition: Diálogo en Panorama Store, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Río Grande semana de la moda AW20, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina.
- Festival Fashion Clash SS20, Maastricht, Netherlands.
- WINNER: Fashion Makes Sense Award 2019, Netherlands.
- Selected by NJAL- TRANOI Paris Fashion Week, France..
- Speaker: Foro Latinoamericano de Supra Recicladores, Latinoamérica. LATAM
- WINNER: Woman Collection at Redress Design Award 2020, Hong Kong.
- WINNER: The Digital Up-cycling challange with TAL and Browzwear, RDA 2020, Hong Kong.
- RA+3D: Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Russia, Global Talent. Russia.
- Workshop MBFW Russia, Global digital Talent. Russia. Customized garment with patch by Juliana Garcia Bello
- Exhibition: The forest, 17 Nelson Street, Hong Kong.
- Speaker: The Redress Design Award 2021 Pathway Course, Sourcing and manufacturing.
- Esencia colección atemporal DAB, Bolivia.
- Speaker: Fashion Futurum, Russia Fashion Council. Russia.
- Speaker: Buenos Aires Fashion Week (online) Markers, Sustentabilidad.
- Exhibition: Fashion For Good, Redress Design Award, Netherlands
- Exhibition: New Fashion Narratives, Fashion Clash, Netherlands
- Mercedes Benz Fashion Week FW21 (online), Russia. Encounter por Juan Borgononi.
- Buenos Aires Fashion Week AW21, Argentina. GARCIABELLO + Natura
- Workshop: Fashion Revolution Week, Argentina. Supra Tutoriales: bias band / poncho argentino upcycling.